Invitation to a picnic in memory of Maude Allard
We invite you to a picnic in memory of Maude Allard, a dear friend who left for her last trip in December 2021.
Her sudden departure has shaken us all and after several months, despite the pain we feel, we wish to share a warm and friendly moment, in all simplicity, in the image of Maude who was a person of heart with an infectious laugh and who loved music, games and having fun in life. We would like to share this loving tribute to our dear friend Maude with you.
This moment is for people who have known Maude in some way, it is a free activity.
Note: this picnic in memory of Maude is not the same event as the Chouettes’ annual picnic. For the annual picnic, click here.
We invite you to
- A lunch (picnic) in a park in Verdun overlooking the river
- A moment to share words, memories (photos, etc.) of Maude (for those who wish, it is not mandatory to express yourself, if you are not comfortable)
- A moment to listen to the song “Memories” that Maude sang with her choir (Les folles harmonies)
- A moment to reflect by observing a minute of silence in her memory
- A time to laugh and have fun with the Wacky Olympiads (outdoor games accessible to all) in her honour
Meeting date, time and place
- Date : Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Time: From noon to 4 pm
- Place: In Verdun, at parc des Berges (river side), corner of Boulevard LaSalle and Avenue Riverview, under the large red roof (meeting place)
How to get to the parc des Berges in Verdun
- Two possible metro stations (green line):
- Stop at Verdun station and take the 107 South bus to the LaSalle / Riverview stop (56704)
- Stop at De L’Église station and take the 58 West bus to the LaSalle / Riverview stop (56704)
- Take a 15-25 minute walk on De Verdun Street or LaSalle Boulevard to the west
- Take a Bixi (Bixi station near the meeting place)
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Your lunch, snacks and beverages
- Your chair or blanket
- Your memories (if available) and your smile!
- Free, but please register!
- Please! Please confirm your attendance as soon as possible to help us plan the activities
- There is no maximum number of people or deadline to register
- In case of heavy rain or storms, the picnic will be postponed to the next day at noon
- Toilets, children’s park and pharmacy nearby
This activity is an initiative of Véronique, Isabelle and Peggy, Chouettes participants and friends of Maude
Thank you from Maude for this last tribute!