We need your help to continue offering a variety of activities on a regular basis! If you like to meet new people and organize activities (or you want to give it a try!), why not join our team?
Long-time Chouettes are welcome as well as newcomers: your experience or your breath of fresh air will be appreciated on the team. The only requirement to be an organizer: to be a Chouette – a woman* who loves women! 😉
*Cis, trans, queer, +. Non-binary people are also welcome!
We are looking for 3 to 4 new organizers
- One organizer to offer activities for 18-35 year olds
- Join the ‘baby’ of the Chouettes which is gaining momentum! Activities specifically for 18-35 year olds started in June 2019 on a monthly basis. The 18-35 year olds are the least represented age group in the Chouettes’ activities, but we often receive emails from them for information, they sign up for the newsletter, etc. So the 18-35 committee was formed to try to increase their participation and it is working well! The committee is at its best with 3 people and at the moment we are two. Help us form the perfect trio!
- Your role as an organizer for 18-35 y/o :
- Organize about 4 activities per year (think of an idea, add it to the website, manage the registration, participate and enjoy!)
- Occasionally participate in meetings with the other 18-35 year old organizers (2-3 chats per year, mainly to share ideas for activities and to decide who is in charge of which activity)
- Participate, if you wish to, in meetings with the coordination team (between 0 and 3 meetings per year)
- One or two organizers to provide general activities (all ages)
- Whether you are a fan of outdoor, cultural or social activities, there is a place for you in the team of Chouettes organizers!
- Your role as an organizer of activities for all age groups:
- Organize one activity per term (so 3 activities per year, or more if you want!). This means thinking of an idea, adding it to the website, managing registrations and enquiries, participating and having fun!
- Join our activities channel on Slack to share your ideas and get them approved by the coordination team.
- Participate, if you wish, in the meetings of the coordination team. There are usually 3 meetings per year.
- One additional organizer to run the happy hours once a month
Once the COVID restrictions are lifted, we will eventually resume happy hour every other Friday. Yay! We are looking for someone to host one of the two monthly happy hours at a location of their choice, promote the event, host the participants during the event, and foster their inclusion in the group by:
- introducing them to other participants,
- telling them about other activities available,
- answering their questions and concerns,
- including them in conversations.
This person will also be responsible for finding new venues for happy hours.
If this is the kind of activity that speaks to you and you care about including people in a group, let us know by filling in the form below!
Some qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Enjoy building relationships and interacting with others;
- Be open and diplomatic;
- Good planning and organizational skills (researching activities, making reservations, writing the activity description, sending the activity for publication, following up on registrations and questions, etc.);
- Good time management (respecting deadlines for submitting activities);
- Ability to adapt to changes in activity organization;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Being reactive in the communication platform of the organizers;
- Ability to express yourself in French (essential) and English (asset).
Good to know
The whole team of the Chouettes is made up of volunteers, so the organization of activities is also done on a voluntary basis. If you are selected for either of these roles, we will arrange a meeting to introduce you to the roles and responsibilities of the Chouette organizers, the group’s code of conduct, etc. In addition, at your first event, another organizer will join you to help you and answer any questions you may have. And we will always be there to answer your questions before or after the activities.
We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for helping to keep the Chouettes activities going!